S&B Home Health Care - Position in Bloomington, MN
Person Care Assistant (PCA)
The PCA works under the direction of the Registered Nurse. The PCA provides assistance and support to individual clients, living independently in the community. The Home Health Aide reports directly to the Nursing Supervisor or Qualified professional.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Perform personal care activities, including but not limited to:
- Have demonstrated dependability, and ability to follow orders.
- Have demonstrated the ability to work with little supervision and make appropriate judgments.
- Assistance with medication per nurse s direction.
- Accompanying to medical appointments as needed
- Report changes in the client's condition and needs to the Registered Nurse.
- Complete the appropriate records to document cares given and pertinent
- Respond and attend to client requests promptly.
- Maintain proper hand washing techniques.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Maintain a safe client environment.
Note: This job description reflects management s assignment of duties and does not restrict nor limit the duties that may be assigned.