Burns & McDonnell's world headquarters in Kansas City, MO, is looking for a Mechanical/Process Designer to prepare 3D drawings for a variety of municipal water/wastewater clients. Burns & McDonnell is a 100% employee-owned firm ranked on FORTUNE's List of 100 Best Companies to Work For and voted as a Best Place to Work in numerous cities across the United States.
This position offers challenging work with significant project variety at a successful, growing company.
The Mechanical/Process Designer will work on an integrated design team within our Water Global Practice to perform the following duties:
* Plan and prepare detailed drawings for water/wastewater facilities, to include above and below grade piping and equipment layout, and process and flow diagrams.
* Use 3D CAD and other software, including Plant 3D, Civil 3D, AutoCAD and Recap or Faro laser scan technology.
* Demonstrate knowledge of CAD standards and best practices.
* Successfully apply company, client, and project drafting standards and procedures.
* Demonstrate ability to apply formulas, principles, and practices to complete required drawings.
* Provide a range of drawing production work including problem analysis, layout, detailing, drafting, and calculations on project of substantial variety and complexity.
* Demonstrate knowledge of assigned and related disciplines.
* Coordinate drafting activities with other designers, drafters, and design disciplines.
* Successfully communicate and correspond with internal design resources and external clients and personnel.
* Execute design changes and project drawing revisions.
* Maintain CAD proficiency and work toward mastering current CAD systems.
* May perform field inspections.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in drafting technology with minimum of 4 years applicable experience or Associates degree with minimum of 6 years applicable experience or specialized CAD certification or high school diploma with minimum 7 years of applicable experience. * Proficiency in at least one 3D design software package. Plant 3D experience is preferred. Civil 3D experience is beneficial.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to independently complete required drawings.